About UsSchool History
Randolph Southern School Corporation is located in southern Randolph County in the town of Lynn, Indiana. The school corporation consists of one jr. high/high school (grades 7-12) connected to the elementary school (grades K-6) to form one building complex.
The High school was built in 1974 and the elementary construction was finished in 1991 after the old elementary school was destroyed by a tornado in March of 1986.
A memorial plaque now sits on the site where the old high school and elementary school provided so many warm memories of school days past.
- Randolph Southern School Corporation employs 51 teachers with over 730 combined years of teaching experience! The average years of experience for teachers corporation-wide is 14 Years!
- Our superintendent, high school principal, and elementary principal have 85 years of combined experience!
- Our Cafeteria Staff prepares over 425 nutritious, great-tasting meals every day for Randolph Southern's hard working students, teachers, and staff!
- Because Lynn is a rural community, many students ride a bus to and from school. Our bus drivers make sure that everyone gets to school and back home safely!
- Our 8 person custodial and groundskeeping staff make our buildings and property clean and safe.
Lynn is a small, tight-knit community of approximately 1,500 people. It is a place where neighbors are concerned and watch out for one another. Many residents have lived in the area all of their lives and have quite a large extended family in Lynn and the surrounding communities. Lynn offers its citizens full-time police protection with a town marshal and deputies. The marshal is aided by the Randolph County Sheriff's Deputies. Lynn also has its own volunteer fire department to protect the community in case of fire or other emergencies.
The town of Lynn offers much to its residents in the way of manufacturing, retail, and points of interest. The major crossroads in Lynn are U.S. 27 running North and South and U.S. 36 traveling East and West. Larger cities surrounding Lynn are Richmond to the South, Muncie to the Northwest, Winchester to the North, and Greenville, OH, to the East.